Thursday, April 26, 2007

Leaving for San Francisco




I am going to be travelling this weekend. I have to admit, I have not flown anywhere for close to a year now, man I miss flying so much. I do not know what this facsination with flight is all about- probably the idea of freedom, ability to go wherever and whenever you want too, yeh I do like that ability.

But I realized that many of the things relating to passenger carry-on have changed. So I visited the TSA (transportation security adminstration) website to make sure I was up to date on the new rules and that I brought myself to comply with them.

Being Muslim is difficult already when everyone suspects you for something, but at an airport that heightened sense of scrutiny is only further exacerbated if Muslims seem incapable of following directions, or God Forbid stopping and finding a place to pray before their flight. I encourage everyone travelling to re-aquaint themselves with the new rules and follow them to the letter. Its always better to be safe then sorry and in a unfortunate situation.

2 comments:

Nazia said...

Insha'allah, you leave and return hassle free and safely!

Unknown said...

nazia thanks for checking in with me, i apprieciate it. I made it back safely, however, i cancelled my flight back and instead took the CRAZIEST road trip down to southern California, which I hope to write about soon...be on the look out, sierra nevada is some amazing and beautiful country!!!